Wednesday 23 September 2015

SHOW-OFF AND TELL #8 - Darren O. Godfrey - Apathetic Flesh Short Story Collection

This week’s Show-Off and Tell comes from Darren O. Godfrey, an author I don’t personally see a lot of and that, folks, is an absolute crying shame.

The reason I say that is because Apathetic Flesh is one of the most amazing collection of short stories I have ever read. Period. It is just superb.

I read and reviewed it before I started reviewing seriously and long before I had the blog going. This has just finally come out in paperback form and now that I have this little beauty in my possession, I intend to fix that and read it again to give it a proper review on Confessions.

In the meantime, feast your eyes on this for a cover!




This book also boasts a foreword by none other than Mr Kealan Patrick Burke. He is obviously a man that knows an opportunity to get his name in something good.

I want to say a personal thanks to Darren because the gracious offer of this copy came totally out of the blue and I am so very proud to be able to show it off on my shelf.

You are a gent sir.




If you would like to help support Confessions of a Reviewer then please consider using the links below to buy Apathetic Flesh or any other books written by Darren or indeed anything at all from Amazon. This not only supports me, but also lets me know how many people actually like to buy books after reading my reviews and features.

Thanks.




Darren O. Godfrey, an Idahoan, has lived in seven of the 50 United States and has spent a fair amount of time in more than half of them.  While he’s never wrapped himself in the American flag, he has washed a good amount of its soil off his hands.  His fiction has appeared in Gorezone Magazine (the late, great sister publication to Fangoria) and Black October, as well as The Museum of Horrors, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 5, and Quietly Now: An Anthology in Tribute to Charles L. Grant, among others.  His story, “Recess” was selected by Mort Castle for ALL-AMERICAN HORROR of the 21st Century, the First Decade.  Some of his early work has been collected in Apathetic Flesh, published by Books of the Dead Press.

To see more about Darren, you can find him at the links below.


No comments:

Post a Comment