Wednesday 7 October 2015

SHOW-OFF AND TELL #10 - Evans Light - Screamscapes

Tonight’s Show-Off and Tell is another double header. It’s only a double header because I am lucky enough to have two copies!

It’s Screamscapes by Evans Light.

Evans and I traded on some books at the start of the year. He was lucky enough to get books he was after that I had in a box in my garage. I was even luckier to get some signed stuff from him in return.

Screamscapes is a collection of short stories written by Evans. It is a superb read and contains possibly my favourite short horror story of all time, ArborEATum.

This is the standard copy.

EDIT: After originally posting this I spoke with Mr Light himself who informed me that this, in fact, is not the standard copy but a rare First Edition copy of which probably only a couple of hundred were printed and there are none left! Woot!




The variety of stories in this collection is immense. There is definitely something for everyone in it.




This version boasts a cover design by Kealan Patrick Burke. Screamscapes wasn’t around for long with this cover so I am extremely lucky to have this!




The “crawlspace” reference in this inscription is related to one of the stories inside. It creeped the hell out of me.




You can read my review of Screamscapes here.


If you would like to help support Confessions of a Reviewer then please consider using the links below to buy Screamscapes or any other books written by Evans or indeed anything at all from Amazon. This not only supports me, but also lets me know how many people actually like to buy books after reading my reviews and features.

Thanks.




EVANS LIGHT has been in love with the written word from an early age, and works in a variety of genres, but stories of the "Weird Tales" variety remain his favorite.

Frequently drawn to uncommon experiences, Evans has thrown himself headfirst into a wide range of unusual situations, from testing low-level-entry parachutes with British Army Airborne units to travelling the vast reaches of inner space using sensory deprivation tanks.

Evans has lived here and there across the United States, from the mountains to the beaches to the desert, and currently chooses to reside in a southern state where the weather is warm and living is easy. He is the proud father of fine sons and the lucky husband of a beautiful wife.

His brother, Adam Light, is also a bestselling horror writer, and the two frequently collaborate as "THE LIGHT BROTHERS".

And for more about Evans, visit his site or find him on social media:


No comments:

Post a Comment