Wednesday 20 January 2016

SHOW-OFF AND TELL #18 - Duncan Ralston - Salvage

#18 in the Show-Off and Tell features one of my top books of 2015. The wonderful Salvage, by Duncan Ralston.

This is his debut novel and believe me, debuts don’t get much better than this.

It’s a very creepy ghost story that is so full of emotion, it will have you feeling many different things as you read it and will have you close to tears. It will also scare the bejesus out of you.

This one just appeared out of nowhere so I was very pleasantly surprised and very happy when I opened it.

This is my copy.




As you can see from the inscription, Mr Ralston secretly admitted to me that he cried like a big baby when he read my review (might be a slight exaggeration) and I did threaten to tell the world. Looks like I don’t have to bother now!




You can read my review of Salvage here.


You can buy Salvage here.




Duncan Ralston was born in Toronto, and spent his teens in a small town. As a "grown-up," Duncan lives with his girlfriend and their dog in Toronto, where he writes about the things that frighten and disturb him. In addition to his twisted short stories found in GRISTLE & BONE, THE ANIMAL, and the charity anthology THE BLACK ROOM MANUSCRIPTS, his debut novel SALVAGE is available now.
"Mr. Ralston writes horror fiction that is unflinching and pulls no punches." - Kit Power.

"Duncan Ralston is writing honest stories about real people, pitched headlong into extraordinary situations. And that is what makes them so horrifying." - Ken Preston, Dirge Magazine

And for more about Duncan, visit his site or find him on social media:


No comments:

Post a Comment