Sunday 30 October 2016

LAST CALL FOR ALL YOU CONFESSORS!





If you follow the blog on a regular basis, (and if you don’t why the hell not?) you could not have failed to see the Confessions of my Past, Present and Future feature, where authors write a piece about what they like in books from their past, the present and the future.

If you have never seen it, then go have a look here to see what it is about.

This feature has run for over a year. It still proves to be very successful and you all seem to enjoy reading about what your favourite authors like in books.

So, I am going to keep it going. This is where you come in. I only have a few submissions left and would like more.

If you are an author and would like to take part in this feature, then please see the guidelines for it below and email me at confessionsofareviewer@gmail.com to let me know.


Also, I am throwing the floor open to ANY of you who would like to take part. Yup, that’s right, you don’t have to be a published author to send a submission in for this. If you love books and reading and always have and always will, I want to hear from you.

Again the guidelines are listed below and if you want to take part then please email me at the blog email address. The only additional thing I would ask for from non-published authors would be a short bio and possibly a picture of yourself to include in the post. If this isn’t supplied, I will just make something up for you.

Also please share this with any of your friends who may be interested, be they authors or not. I know I am not friends yet with all the cool people on Facebook and Twitter so your help in sharing this around would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Nev.




CONFESSIONS OF MY PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Basically it is guest posts from authors, and now non authors, “confessing” to books you loved in your past, what you love to read at the minute and what you think may come in the future.

What I’m looking for (if you want to take part of course) is a piece from you split into three sections. The “past” would be where you would talk about either a book or series of books that either inspired you to write, read more or simply blew you away for no other reason than you thought it was bloody good. This would be from way back, not just last week. Maybe something you read in your childhood or you’re first favourite horror for example. Something old.

The “present” would be about something you have read recently. Again it could be something that inspired you or just stuck in your mind for the fact that is was different in some way or again blew you away because it was just bloody good.

The “future” is slightly different. I would like you to think what you would be writing or reading in 2045. Do you think you would still be writing or reading the styles or genres? Do you think you would like to write or read something completely out of your comfort zone or completely different to your current genre? Is there some style you have always wanted to try but were too scared?

I want this to be about you. Your selection of books. Your favourites even if they were not common favourites amongst readers of the times. Books that mean something to you so forget about trends and don’t be scared to upset the cart. This will give the people who read your post a lot more insight into your individual personality.

In terms of length I would like this to be sort of standard blog length. About fifteen hundred words so if you split it three ways, about five hundred words for each section. This of course is not set in stone. Each section or indeed the entire length could be as short or as long as you would want it to be. I know that once people get writing about something you love, it can be hard to stop and I certainly wouldn’t try and stop you.

I don’t have any set time scales on this either. Whenever you feel you are happy with it, fire it over to me and I will add some pretty pictures and let you know when it will be posted.

Whenever I publish any posts in the feature I would of course be including any pictures I can for any books you would mention (hopefully someone else will mention one of yours…..yay free advertising). I will also add in a profile picture of yourself and your bio and links to your website/blog/author page or any other site you would like me to add in.

This would obviously be fantastic for the blog to have you on board if you agreed but it wouldn’t just be about the blog. If there was anything else you would want added in the post feel free to suggest or request and I would do my best to help you out. Also this would be over and above any further interviews I would hope to do with you on the site.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you will consider taking part and be able to spare some time for it.


Nev.

No comments:

Post a Comment