Thursday 28 July 2016

ANNOUNCEMENT: JEFFERY X MARTIN WEEK NEXT WEEK!



We are really treating you at the minute over at Confessions!

Just a quick note to let you know about a fantastic week of interviews, reviews and guest posts coming up next week. It is a week nearly full to the brim of Mr Jeffery X Martin!

If you don’t know a lot about this gentleman you surely will by next Wednesday!

Jeffery first came to my attention with his short story, And In The Endless Pause There Came The Sound Of Bees which appeared in the Black Room Manuscripts Vol 1. I have to admit to not really giving this one a glowing report and couldn’t really figure it out. However, Jeffery won me over to his style when he entered, and won, the authors section of the Confessions birthday writing competition.




It kicks off on Sunday 31st with Jeffery’s contribution to the Past, Present and Future feature. On Monday 1st August, we have Part One of the interview with Part Two coming on Tuesday 2nd August. This will all be capped off with the Confessions review of Jeffery’s new book Hunting Witches: An Elders Keep Novel on Wednesday 3rd.

Please come along an enjoy all that we have planned for you and don’t forget to tell your friends!

Thanks again for visiting Confessions of a Reviewer!

Nev.


Please call me X. Everyone does.

When I was a kid, fourth grade, to be exact, I wrote a horror story for a class assignment. It was so good, they called my mother in to the office for a conference on a day when school was closed for students. The fourth grade teachers and the school principal wanted to have me evaluated by a psychologist. The school staff couldn't figure out why I would want to write a story that was violent or had frightening images. Why wasn't it football, puppies and rainbows?

I wasn't that kind of kid. My mother knew that. And she promptly told those teachers, the principal (and that horrible school secretary, the one who looked like a Raggedy Ann doll, possessed by Pazuzu) and anyone else within earshot to go f**k themselves.

I still write scary stories. It's my job. It's what I do. It's what I've always done.

And for more about X, visit his site or find him on social media:


No comments:

Post a Comment