Wednesday 6 April 2016

SHOW-OFF AND TELL #27 - Evans Light - ArborEATum

#27 in the Show-Off and Tell is another from my good friend, excellent writer and all round top bloke, Evans Light.

I have made no secret in the past and I will proudly say it again:

This is my favourite EVER short story / novella. It’s ArborEATum.

When myself and Evans struck up a little trade agreement across the pond last year, this was top of my list to try and get a signed copy of.

This story just totally blew me away. It is so atmospheric and imaginative and creepy and it encapsulates everything that I love about a short horror tale. It is honestly that good. This is one of the few stories that I pick up and read at regular intervals.

Anyway, this is my copy:




I got a big box from Evans with a lot of books inside. This was the first one I was looking for to make sure it was there. To finally have my own copy, signed by the man himself, is just unbelievably wonderfully special for me. If you are a real bookie person you will know what I mean.




To read my review of Screamscapes, which features a review of ArborEATum, see here.


To buy Screamscapes or ArborEATum, see here:




EVANS LIGHT has been in love with the written word from an early age, and works in a variety of genres, but stories of the "Weird Tales" variety remain his favorite.

Frequently drawn to uncommon experiences, Evans has thrown himself headfirst into a wide range of unusual situations, from testing low-level-entry parachutes with British Army Airborne units to travelling the vast reaches of inner space using sensory deprivation tanks.

Evans has lived here and there across the United States, from the mountains to the beaches to the desert, and currently chooses to reside in a southern state where the weather is warm and living is easy. He is the proud father of fine sons and the lucky husband of a beautiful wife.

His brother, Adam Light, is also a bestselling horror writer, and the two frequently collaborate as "THE LIGHT BROTHERS".

And for more about Evans, visit his site or find him on social media:

Website - Facebook - Twitter - Goodreads - Amazon Page

1 comment:

  1. ArborEATum is one of my favorite modern horror stories, though it has a decidedly classic feel. Truly fabulous writing

    ReplyDelete